There are many ways you can help SBCHA. CLICK HERE TO TO DONATE TO THE Shelbyville-Bedford County Human Association!
1. Become a volunteer: Volunteers are always needed in many various areas. If you are interested in helping with adoptions, building maintenance, pet education, public relations, fundraising, record keeping, spay/neuter, shelter duties or fostering animals call SBCHA at 684-Kind or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Become a foster home: Because our space is limited at the shelter, SBCHA still relies on foster homes to lend a helping hand. These homes have been invaluable over the years and have helped countless numbers of animals from a probability of suffering a terrible fate.
3. Donate money: Monetary donations are always welcome and go a long way in helping out with monthly expenses. Pay Pal is now available by clicking on the specified area on this website or through petfinder.org for those who want this option. Others can contact the organization by calling 684-KIND, e-mailing email@example.com or by letter at P.O. Box 391, Shelbyville, TN 37162. Memorials and honorariums can also be paid at this address. Please include name and address of person for memorial or honorarium card to be sent and from whom.
4. Donate items: Items are always needed either at the shelter or for fundraising events.
Our current WISH LIST includes:
– Dry puppy food
– Dry kitten food
– Gently used blankets and towels
– Plastic Dog houses
– Cat scratching posts
– Cat and dog toys and treats
– Paper towels
– Trash bags (13 gallon)
– Advantix II (large dog)
– Frontline Plus (cats)
– Seresto collars
– Bank of cages
– Washing Machine
5. Attend fundraising events: Support SBCHA by attending fundraising events throughout the year. There are various events posted throughout the year on this site. And each fall we hold a family pet day, Celebration Pet Day.
2017 marks our 39th year helping animals.
7. Support organizations that support SBCHA:
Bissell Foundation gives grants to animal welfare agencies. SBCHA is a partners by pets member. www.bissellfoundation.org
Pedigree Foundation Grants
Through the Pedigree Foundation grants are given to those animal organizations whose application qualifies. Each bag of Pedigree dog food that is bought a percentage goes to help animals through the Pedigree Foundation. “The Pedigree Foundation Logo is a trademark of Mars, Incorporated and is used with permission.”
SBCHA received contributions from this program in 2009 and 2010.
Kroger card program:
Join the Kroger Community Rewards Program to help us. It’s easy! Just go to www.kroger.com/ and register your Kroger card. Put SBHCA as the nonprofit you wish to support, and a portion of your purchase cost will be donated to us.
Three Easy Steps:
1. Join iGive.com for FREE
2. Shop online at any of the 600+ stores in the Mall at iGive.com. You’ll see all your favorites, including Lands End, Barnes & Noble, Dell, Expedia, and JCPenney!
3. SBCHA receives a check for up to 26% of each purchase!
It’s free, it’s easy, and every purchase you make generates a donation to SBCHA.
Search the web with http://www.goodsearch.com/and money from Yahoo advertisers will go to SBCHA without you spending a dime! GoodSearch is a search engine which donates 50-percent of its revenue to the charities and schools designated by its users. It’s a simple and compelling concept. You use GoodSearch exactly as you would any other search engine. Because it’s powered by Yahoo!, you get proven search results. The money GoodSearch donates to your cause comes from its advertisers – the users and the organizations do not spend a dime! Every time you search the internet SBCA will receive one penny. This doesn’t seem like a lot, but if 100 people searched twice daily using GoodSearch in a year’s time SBCHA would receive $730, with 1000 people searching twice a day it would generate about $7300 yearly.
Go to http://www.goodsearch.com/and verify SBCHA as your cause by entering Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association.
Kuranda Dog Beds